Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight

It's been a long day and G and I are exhausted. We got to spend his first Christmas with great family, I don't know what I would do without them. Even though a very important person in Gavin's life didn't get to see him today I know that he wishes he could have. We did the best that we could with what we had, and that's good enough for now.
All I could afford to get him for Christmas was The Night Before Christmas by Dr. Suess, it honestly breaks my heart to not be able to buy him everything and anything that I think he deserves. As long as he's happy and healthy I won't complain, especially since that isn't what Christmas is about. I would like to think that someone would understand. I plan on getting him a new Dr. Suess book every year, that can be our "tradition", among other things. I think it's a cute idea, and even though I'm sure as he gets older he wont appreciate it I'll keep up at it, if only because I wish I had something like that to look back on. Hopefully one day when he has children of his own he'll be able to look back and realize what I did for him, and that it was the best I could do for him at that time.
I love you Gavin  Alexander.


Passed out on mommy :)
It was a long day.
(Don't mind the Dreamgirls shirt, it's my pajamas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment